30/4/14

Written Statement by the President of the Republic, Mr Nicos Anastasiades, on the occasion of the 29th Love Marathon for the Missing Persons

Written Statement by the President of the Republic, Mr Nicos Anastasiades,
on the occasion of the 29th Love Marathon for the Missing Persons


On the occasion of the 29th Love Marathon for the Missing Persons I wish to extend, once again, my full support and respect to the families of our missing, who have been waiting anxiously for decades to be informed about the fate of their loved ones.

The great humanitarian issue of the missing constitutes, both for me personally and for my Government, a matter of top priority and I want to give my assurances that the efforts for the ascertainment of the fate of the missing will be continuous and persistent.

At the same time, I commend the work that is taking place by all those involved in the issue of the missing and whom I assure that the Government will continue to provide all possible support in their work.

My appeal to all those who have information about the missing is to submit them before the Committee on Missing Persons, so that there will be a conclusion to this tragic dimension of the Cyprus problem at the earliest possible.


------------------